Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, new adventure!

Well, here we go!  This is a new year, 2011 ---- and for me, it is not just a new year, but a new adventure, on a few different planes.

First, my husband and best friend of 32 years retired last week.  He was a construction Laborer foreman for Andersen Construction company in Oregon.  We are so excited to be able to just slow down and enjoy life here on our 6 acre homestead; and Lord willing, do some traveling this spring.  And, a lot of fishing in between! 


I have always loved the idea of living simply!  I have ancestors who came across the plains in covered wagons from Kentucky and Nebraska to eek out a new life here in the Pacific Northwest, and I have always been enchanted with the idea of living with few frills and appreciating the basics.  


Little did I know that when I married, I would get a chance to do just that!  


I will save the details of that saga for future posts though, as I want to move on to some other areas of more pertinent interest for the near future...  things like:

Learning to knit
Learning to save money on the grocery bill
Traveling on the cheap
Raising poultry economically
Thrifty meal planning
Once a month shopping
Frugal Quilting
Starting a greenhouse garden in winter


And I am interested in knowing what you ladies are doing in your homes this new year?  Does the uncertainty of what the future might hold for our country cause you to want to prepare your homes for the possibility of having to tighten your purse strings and learn to live on less?  It does me!  And that is the direction this blog will take for the new year!  So, please jump on board with me for this new adventure, and maybe we can all help each other to create "sweet and simple homes" for 2011~


Cheers and God bless!
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment